gnome-panel??

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Sat Nov 19 17:58:27 UTC 2011

	As one of the refugees from Gnome3, I'm running and trying to
learn xfce under F16 -- and the xfce-panel is still a major stumbling
block. I did "yum install gnome-panel," and it worked. But neither "gnome-
panel" nor "/usr/bin/gnome-panel" works. I get an error message about
gnome-shell which I can't even c&p here, because without gnome-panel I
can't even get to it. Catch-22??