How to edit application menus

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Nov 23 04:19:32 UTC 2011

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 19:36:40 -0800
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> dijo:

>I really need to edit the application menus. I hope someone here can
>tell me the secret. I don't mind doing it manually; I just need clear
>instructions.

I just discovered that the application menu is called Applications Menu
and it is a widget installed in the panel. Right-clicking > Properties
gets me a dialog box with some options, among which are:

	Menu File
		* Use the default menu  ["Edit Menu" button]
		o Use custom menu file:
			Menu file:  [Button to browse for file]

By default it is set to "Use the default menu," but when I click on the
button to edit the menu nothing happens.

Setting it to "Use custom menu" enables the button to browse for a
file, but I have no idea what kind of file it is looking for or what
kind of syntax it requires.