Center lower panel?

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 23 19:44:33 UTC 2011

Am Mittwoch, den 23.11.2011, 14:05 -0500 schrieb David:
> I asked this on the Xfce Users list and received a suggestion from a
> kind user there to a solution that 'almost works'.
>
> But I will ask again because what I want to do I can actually see in the
> Current Xfce here in Fedora.

Hi David,

I think it's better to continue the discussion on the Xfce list because
that's where it started and because the problem is not specific to
Fedora.

> quote me.
>
> I have created a 2nd panel that is 'Launcher count sized to fit' that
> contains 6 'launchers' that I have placed at the bottom of the screen.
> But I can not seem to get it to 'center justify'. The Help says that
> placing it on the right, left, or bottom should automatically center it.

The help is outdated, this text is still from the 4.6 panel.

> What am I doing incorrectly and where can I find the necessary
> information to correct this?

I don't think you are doing something wrong, the new panel just doesn't
do centering properly. For me the problem is even worse because I have
two displays with different sizes and it's impossible to have a centered
panel there. This really should be discussed upstream with the
developers.

Regards,
Christoph