Center lower panel?

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 24 17:58:06 UTC 2011

Am Donnerstag, den 24.11.2011, 11:59 -0500 schrieb David:
> On 11/23/2011 2:44 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> > This really should be discussed upstream with the
> > developers.
>
> I agree that this problem is not Fedora Xfce specific. However I have
> only had one reply with one suggestion. And that suggestion, while
> appreciated, failed.
>
> I asked here because the Xfce that installs from the Fedora-16 Xfce
> Live-CD spin does have this small taskbar located at the bottom of the
> screen and it *is* centered.
>
> I was hoping whoever setup this desktop might also follow this list and
> would tell me what to do.

Hi David,

what you are seeing in Fedora is the default panel configuration from
upstream, we didn't change it. Check out the default configuration
from /etc/xdg/xfce4/panel/default.xml. The relevant line seems to be

        <property name="position" type="string" value="p=10;x=0;y=0"/>

You can try to manually edit your configuration and restart xfce4-panel
with 'xfce4-panel -r' afterwards. Good luck!

Regards,
Christoph