Center lower panel?

David dgboles at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 18:58:01 UTC 2011

On 11/24/2011 12:58 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 24.11.2011, 11:59 -0500 schrieb David:
>> On 11/23/2011 2:44 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
>>> This really should be discussed upstream with the
>>> developers.
>>
>> I agree that this problem is not Fedora Xfce specific. However I have
>> only had one reply with one suggestion. And that suggestion, while
>> appreciated, failed.
>>
>> I asked here because the Xfce that installs from the Fedora-16 Xfce
>> Live-CD spin does have this small taskbar located at the bottom of the
>> screen and it *is* centered.
>>
>> I was hoping whoever setup this desktop might also follow this list and
>> would tell me what to do.
>
> Hi David,
>
> what you are seeing in Fedora is the default panel configuration from
> upstream, we didn't change it. Check out the default configuration
> from /etc/xdg/xfce4/panel/default.xml. The relevant line seems to be
>
>         <property name="position" type="string" value="p=10;x=0;y=0"/>
>
> You can try to manually edit your configuration and restart xfce4-panel
> with 'xfce4-panel -r' afterwards. Good luck!
>
> Regards,
> Christoph

All this time I was 'talking' to one of the Xfce guys?  'blush'

Sorry about that. I am new to Xfce. Since Fedora-15 or so. Whenever the
Gnome 3 transition.

I appreciate the work. I truly like Xfce.

And thank you for the information.

I see the line in the file but since this is a second panel should I add
a line with this to that file? Or should I copy this somewhere with a
'change'?

--

  David