Updates notifier

Raphael Groner raphgro at web.de
Wed Nov 30 13:45:00 UTC 2011

Hi Todd,

> Is there some replacement for the package updater?

As fas as I know, puplet is the systray applet for pup. Pup had been the update / package manager before it got replaced by PackageKit.

Unfortunately, there's no known notification applet in PackageKit, at least not in my knowledge base.

In case of Xfce, you could use a little script that uses xfce4-notify to show on-screen notification or the panel plugin xfce4-genmon-plugin that calls the script periodically.

$ yum install xfce4-genmon-plugin

See also http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/panel-plugins/xfce4-genmon-plugin