nm-applet crashes under Fedora15/XFCE

Risto Vaarandi ristov at hot.ee
Tue Oct 4 21:04:27 UTC 2011

hi all,

today, after doing 'yum upgrade' on a freshly installed
system
(Fefora15/XFCE) I noticed that after the user has already been
connected
 to one WiFi network, attempt to connect to another network will remove

nm-applet from the Notification Area of XFCE. The applet will never
reappear, neither for the current user nor any new user accounts.

I did another install to verify this bug, and observed exactly the same

issue. When running nm-applet from a terminal window, it complains
about
 missing /usr/share/libnm-gtk/wifi.ui file and crashes with
segmentation
 fault. Haven't had any similar issues with Fedora15/XFCE so far.

Any clues? This bug is extremely annoying, since it locks out end users
from all WiFi connectivity. Are there any workaround for this?

regards,

risto