Xfce window handling problem

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Sat Oct 8 15:30:01 UTC 2011

Hi,

Since I switched from GNOME to Xfce I have a problem with a Java
application I use.

After logging in in the application, it starts a splash screen with
progress bar and then a window pops up where you have to enter a
security code, with an input field and OK and Cancel buttons.

Under GNOME, this all works fine, you fill in the code, click
on OK, the window disappears and the splash screen progress bar
continues.

Under Xfce (F14 and F15), you fill in the code, click on OK and
nothing happens.  After OK, you have to click either on Cancel
or on the window manager "X" button, and only then the window
disappears and the procedure continues in a normal way.

This all is a fully reproducable and deterministic behaviour.

Is this some xfwm4 problem?

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>