mozilla-https-everywhere -- good to include?

Thomas Spura tomspur at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 24 22:16:01 UTC 2011

On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 23:18:02 +0200
Christoph Wickert wrote:

> Am Montag, den 24.10.2011, 13:17 -0500 schrieb Russell Golden:
> > Hey, everyone. I was wondering, since Fedora is a very
> > security-conscious distro, if it'd be a good idea to include
> > mozilla-https-everywhere in the XFCE spin.
>
> Given the trouble we have with packaging extensions due to Mozilla's
> new release policy, I'd say we should not include it, at least until
> we have a proper way to detect broken extensions on a package
> management level. Work on that is ongoing [2], but I am nut sure
> about the status.

It's a bit stalled, because:
	* The mozilla maintainers didn't respond yet.
	* Explicit requires are a bit problematic so conflicts would be
	  better. I asked on the fpc list for help [3], but no answer
	  yet too...

I don't want to work on drafting something, that will never be included
so I'd like to wait at least for an answer of fpc.
(But don't know when/if that will happen.)

Or does someone here on this list know how to code automatic conflicts?
That would be the cleanest solution...

	Tom

[3]
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/packaging/2011-October/007963.html