Request for review: new desktop groups - XFCE

Sergio secipolla at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 18:07:33 UTC 2012

>> Also some of the system-config tools.
>
> Some of those might make sense, but not others. I don't think we should
> include server type stuff.

Maybe the ones for firewall, printer and users.
The system-config apps are for admins so one has to consider if they
should be included.
The firewall needs root privilege and the users I thought might be
interesting if someone wants to change their info, so even if they're
for admins, there's no other way.
I have no printer so I don't know if system-config-printer is the only
way to do it (graphically).

I think some already come with the spin.

BTW, regarding the xfce group.
I installed my system (F17) from the minimal ISO. I had to install some
pretty basic stuff, like yum plugins (presto and remove-with-leaves are
the more basic ones, I think), chrony etc.
So that xfce group will be installed on top of what? If it's on top of a
very basic package group then it needs these other things too.