exo 0.10/thunar 1.6.0

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Dec 4 18:25:21 UTC 2012

On Mon, 3 Dec 2012 22:27:10 +0100
Martin Sourada <martin.sourada at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 03 Dec 2012 17:54:32 +0100
> Christoph Wickert wrote:

...snip...

> > Here is my suggestion:
> > F17: Probably not.
> *cough-cough* What about the xfce-4.10 repo?

I will probibly update that...

> > F18: Lets deliver it as a 0-day update, to minimize the change of
> > the user experience. Otherwise we'll have to support Thunar 1.4
> > till the F18 EOL and by that time, 1.8 will probably be out already.
> Seems sane to me to do the 0-day update, definitely better than having
> to support 1.4 till F18 EOL ourselves.

I don't like the idea. If we are going to push it in, we should do so
now before final freeze. Waiting and making it a 0 day means we get
less testing before final to fix anything.

> I'm going to test it myself to see how big the changes in UI are, then
> I'll be able to give better feedback, but if it's mostly bugfixes and
> couple of *new* functionality, but not breaking the old behaviour, I
> would maybe support the idea of having it in F17 as well.

I've not tested it either yet, but I don't think f17 will be viable.
It's still on 4.8 and exo is depended on by a lot of things.

I do think we should push to f18 asap tho. ;)

kevin