Catfish.

Sergio Cipolla secipolla at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 15:57:38 UTC 2012

On 8 December 2012 13:46, Miro Hrončok <miro at hroncok.cz> wrote:
> It wont,
> catfish is just a frntent to several searchnig tools, like find or locate.
>
> You can use others backends and search inside files.
>
> Such as Zeitgeist / Beagle / Tracker / Strigi.
>
> Miro Hrončok

Yes, I don't have them installed (and I removed tracker when it came
with the F17 Xfce spin). But I may try zeitgeist and see if it's worth
to have it installed or not. There's a light GUI app that uses it, I
forgot the name now (searching with repoquery...failed).

yum search for search tools give some first-timers for me like recoll
(Qt) and regexxer.