Standby and suspend buttons greyed out

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Dec 10 15:44:38 UTC 2012

On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 09:27:54 -0200
Sergio <secipolla at gmail.com> wrote:

> First time I looked at that file was right now. But I think it's
> being inhibited by something (not systemd-inhibit) because the
> behaviour hasn't changed from F17.

How do you reach that conclusion? I suspect rather that systemd is
doing the same job you expect, so it doesn't look like it changed, even
though it has.

> My guess is that it could be acpid that inhibits it.
>
> I run acpid and it's set to run 'systemctl 'Poweroff'' on power
> button press and 'pm-suspend' on sleep button press.
> This works just like that out of X, in Lightdm's screen or in IceWM.

If you change that value in acpid, does it take affect?

> In Xfce I have xfce4-power-manager running and it takes precedence.
> How do I know? Because in Xfce the power button is configured to
> 'Ask' and the sleep button is configured to suspend but I know it's
> xfce4-power-manager managing it because it locks the screen on resume
> (suspending from the log-out dialogue doesn't lock the screen
> probably because I haven't set it up in 'Session and Startup'
> settings or something else).
>
> So either acpid or xfce4-power-manager inhibits systemd's power
> managing functions.

xfce4-power-manager has no ability to do this.

I would be pretty surprised if acpid did.

> Then in my case it must be acpid inhibiting it.
> You know that, of course, but /etc/systemd/logind.conf has
> LidSwitchIgnoreInhibited=yes

Thats not default.

does:
rpm -V systemd