Thunar bookmarks

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Mon Jan 9 03:22:06 UTC 2012

I used Gnome on Fedora, starting with Fedora 11, x86_64. I upgraded
from 11 to 14, and just now from 14 to 16. I had already tried the live
CD and had read a lot about Gnome 3 on the net so, before upgrading
from 14 to 16 I installed Xfce and got it configured the way I want it.
I am now a happy Xfce user. Although Gnome is still installed, I have
yet to boot to it since the upgrade from 14 to 16.

Xfce uses Thunar as its default file browser, and I am happy with it.
Nautilus is still installed and I can run it if I choose, but Thunar is
fine. However, I had a lot of bookmarks set up in Nautilus before my
migration to Xfce. Xfce set those bookmarks up in Thunar, which was
thoughtful of the Thunar developers. However, now I want to add a
couple of bookmarks and I can't find any way to do so.

How do I add a folder as a bookmark to Thunar?