Is there a full DVD?

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 08:03:56 UTC 2012

On 15/01/12 20:11, Beartooth wrote:

> 	I want to convert a machine currently running CentOS 6.2, and I
> don't know of a way to make it do a preupgrade and turn into Fedora.

Your safest option is to backup, and install clean from Xfce LiveCD.
If that's not possible, there is an awkward, sidegrade using
"upgradeany" from CentOS to Fedora, using the full Fedora DVD.
(Google for specifics)

You will then have a full Fedora Gnome install,
as Gnome is the default on CentOS.
Then yum install  @xfce-desktop.
Then slowly and safely remove apps not required.

Go for the safest option, do a clean install.

--
Regards,

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded