Proposal For Xfce spin

Zachary Snyder sadin at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jan 28 02:30:45 UTC 2012

Hi everyone, ive been involved with the fedora design team for quite some
time now for my initiation project i designed the banner that marked the
fedora 16 release :P (really proud about that) anyway, ive been using xfce
the entire journey ive had with linux. I love xfce and i think it is an
amazing DE. However there is one thing i havent been able to get over,
being a person who loves creativity and design. Xfce has some nice styles
shipped with it by default but for alot of people i know it just doesnt
"cut it". Ive recently joined up with a group of people in the FOSS world
called The Shimmer Project.

http://shimmerproject.org/about/

Many of the shimmer project core members and leader are infact ubuntu users
and were once part of the ubuntu design team but they have broken off "We,
as a collective are not part of any particular project. Our individuals,
however, are members of various communities". They did this and now develop
xfce themes for any user wishing to use them based on this mentality "make
Open Source beautiful". I too shared those ideals so i joined them. My
suggestion is to make the fedora xfce spin more attractive, just as
attractive as it is usable and functional. I use their greybird theme
myself and it is simple amazing.

Being FOSS its open to any distro any person who wishes to use it i would
like to suggest we possibly shit One or all of The Shimmer Projects xfce
themes with the spin.