lightdm testing

Sergio secipolla at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 10:00:33 UTC 2012

On 07/01/2012 01:13 AM, Rex Dieter wrote:

> make sure the F<n> part goes to the right terminal.  (hint: lightdm seems to
> be starting on 7 for most folks, we still need to get the plymouth
> integration and no-vt-switching working right to stay on vt1)
>
> -- rex

Indeed it's on vt7.

Another issue is that 'lightdm --test-mode' fails with a PAM error.
lightdm-gtk-greeter can't open because of it.

x-1-greeter.log:

Failed to open PAM session: Cannot make/remove an entry for the
specified session

I was about to ask about it on lightdm's mailing list but if you're
already aware of it and working on it then I don't ask.