lightdm testing

Jayson Rowe jayson.rowe at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 15:46:12 UTC 2012

> I am going to say this should be reported as a bug to lightdm. I was the
> driving force getting lightdm into xubuntu, and worked with the developer
> for about a year making it happen. If it is is not recognizing the system
> without the external monitor, that should be reported.

Well, it only has an external monitor - it only 'thinks' it has a
laptop display (it's not a laptop). I'm thinking since this chipset
was used in a lot of netbooks, it has that hardcoded somewhere at the
hardware level. I've checked the BIOS and see nowhere to turn off the
'laptop display'. In Xfce, if I go to Settings -> Display, it sees a
display called 'Laptop' which I turn off.

I'll report it upstream and see what happens.

--
-jayson