lightdm testing

Sergio secipolla at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 16:15:14 UTC 2012

On 07/01/2012 12:27 PM, Jayson Rowe wrote:
> Hi Rex (or anyone else that may know),
> I mentioned this in another thread, but it probably belongs here...
>
> I've switched all but one of my machines from GDM to LightDM (via
> updates-testing). The one I haven't switched is an Atom based Mini-ITX
> machine that 'thinks' it has a laptop display in addition to the
> attached monitor. Although disabled within display preferences once
> Xfce is loaded, the login manager thinks it's there. In GDM, I get a
> blank screen (well, I get the fireworks wallpaper, but I can move my
> mouse cursor to the right until it's visible and hit enter, and the
> login box will re-apper. In LightDM, I can't figure out how to force
> it to my visible screen...
>
> Any ideas on this? Wondering if it should be reported upstream.

Sorry if this has nothing to do with it, but in
/etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf there's

#
# Seat configuration
#
# Each seat must start with "Seat:".
# Uses settings from [SeatDefaults], any of these can be overriden by
setting them in this section.
#
#[Seat:0]

Maybe you should configure it to
[Seat:0.1]
?

Also check the seat defaults earlier on that file.