How can we improve the spin?

Jayson Rowe jayson.rowe at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 22:55:57 UTC 2012

I just want to thank everyone for the discussion on this thread, and
Christoph especially for being so nice to a newcomer. It's awesome to
see so many people care about Xfce in Fedora!

Some general thoughts - I came into this as a distro-switcher. Coming
back to Fedora after a years long hiatus.
I actually feel silly now with some of the theme/layout stuff I
brought up. Really, there isn't anything wrong w/ the defaults as we
have it now, I think it was just me getting used to it...
I've even turned back on the borders on the clock and notification
area. ;-) I'm really not a tweaker - I like to keep my systems as
close to default as possible.

Like Christoph said, the biggest help would be in QA, and ensuring we
don't have any bugs for F18, obviously. Since I'm new to Fedora, is it
a good idea, or would it help to run Rawhide on one of my machines? I
have both a Laptop, Desktop and/or VM's I could use. One of my
physical machines would get more real use than a VM though.

If Rawhide is a good (okay) idea, what is the best way to get a F17
system to Rawhide. The documentation on the Wiki confused me,
honestly. I would only run it on machines where I could afford
downtime, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

--
-jayson