gvfs-smb

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com
Fri Jul 6 17:57:59 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 7:31 AM, Jayson Rowe <jayson.rowe at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, it sure seems like I'm in the minority here :)

Hi Jayson,

Thanks for the suggestion. I think it would be nice to have Samba
also, since I too use it on a regular basis. Another point for the SIG
to consider is that the Live CDs are often used in "trial"
environments, so even if Windows is non-free, I'd bet there's a
greater likelihood of Windows happening to exist alongside a Live CD,
versus existing alongside a full Fedora installation.

We try to hit 700MiB on the Xfce spin, and F17's ISOs were 672 and
670, so there's a slight possibility that we might have enough room.
for F18. It would be a good idea to do some investigation on how much
space gvfs-smb would add to the spin. Also, you can watch the Rawhide
nightly spins at http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/
. Often times these builds are broken, but overall it's a useful page
to give visibility into what will be happening with Xfce's Live CD for
the next Fedora release.

- Ken