Using Greybird as default theme ?

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 07:56:23 UTC 2012

Am Sonntag, den 15.07.2012, 22:13 +0200 schrieb Alexandre Singh:
> I read it a few days ago. My questions were already been discussed, indeed.
> But I thought that pointing this topic with a new discussion was a quite
> good idea.
>
> All what I try to say is, maybe a better looking Xfce spin would be more
> appealing.

Sure, we all agree on that, but we are not sure if Greybird is the way
to go. I pointed out some usability issues and I prefer going with
Bridge because
      * it's more restrained
      * it provides the same "corporate identity" as Adwaita/GNOME.

> As I said previously, in my own case I really don't care.
> But a lot of users are looking after an alternative to Gnome3 (Gnome2
> refugees for example) and I think that Xfce is the most valuable here.

I am trying to not repeat myself and I don't want to sound rude, but I'd
like to emphasize that Xfce is *not* intended to be a GNOME clone. We
not aiming to deliver the best desktop for GNOME 3 refugees but the best
Xfce experience.

Whoever wants to help is welcome of course, so I appreciate your input.

Kind regards,
Christoph