Non-flattering review of Fedora XFCE

Jayson Rowe jayson.rowe at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 12:21:02 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 10:04 PM, Charlie Kravetz
<charlie.kravetz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Having used Xubuntu for 6 years, I found the default desktop background of
> fireworks to be exciting. It really showed up bright and colorful on my LCD
> monitor. From the no contrast, blue and gray of Xubuntu to the colorful
> theme of Fedora XFCE was a welcome change.

I agree about the low-contrast. My eyes are fairly good too. I was
trying out the Greybird GTK theme (which is default in Xubuntu), and I
liked it at first - looked sleek and modern, but after a little daily
use, I wound up switching back to Adwaita and Nodoka...

I *do* like having the Fedora icon on the Applications menu, and I
think no borders around the Notification area and clock area look more
professional though.

--
-jayson