Non-flattering review of Fedora XFCE

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jun 19 22:44:20 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-06-18 at 21:10 -0400, Jayson Rowe wrote:
> Just saw this: http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/fedora-17-xfce.html
>
> Now, it's not a great review - he recycled a home directory from
> Xubuntu, so not sure why he made it a point to show off the
> funkalicious configuration that occurred as a result, but when it
> comes to the part after "Live Session and Installation", I can't say I
> totally disagree with him on all points.

> Any other thoughts?

FWIW, dedo is famous for being an extremely harsh reviewer; I don't
recall reading a particularly positive review by him of anything. But he
is quite fair, I think, and I agree that quite a few of his points in
the review are valid, though others might not put as much weight on them
as he does.

I've been writing to him each time he reviews Fedora for a while, I
already sent him a mail to respond to a few of the points he made in
this review.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey