How can we improve the spin?

Jayson Rowe jayson.rowe at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 22:18:35 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 5:36 PM, Charlie Kravetz
<charlie.kravetz at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have stayed away from this intentionally. Xubuntu kept the same wallpaper
> for two releases. Traditionally, the wallpaper has been changed for each
> release, to give users something to look forward to.
>
> Unfortunately, contrast in Xubuntu themes has almost disappeared. Greybird
> was a good theme. Also, with Xubuntu 12.04, they decided the terminal needs
> to be low contrast. These contrast changes make Xubuntu unusable by many. I
> would hope Fedora will not follow that low/no contrast change.
>
> I have vision issues. I can not see low contrast displays. I also need large
> fonts. After six years with Xubuntu, I simply found I wanted a change. I
> will experiment with different distributions until I find one that works
> well for me again.
>
> --
> Charlie Kravetz
> Registered Linux User # 425914
> ref link http://counter.li.org/
> charlie.kravetz at gmail.com
> Don't let anyone steal your dream!

Thank you for replying Charlie, and I agree with you on all counts.
The terminal looks horrible in Xu12.04, and I _don't_ have vision
problems. Also, after 'living' with Greybird, it also presented
several usability issues for me, such as being able to tell which
window was active as Christoph also mentioned earlier in the thread),
and being able to grab the resize handles on windows.

I really wasn't suggesting a theme change anywhere, just including
screenshots to show how different distro's setup Xfce. I *did* think
there were some areas that could be more polished, but Christoph
answered most of my questions around those things also.

I really hope Fedora continues to work well for you, because I *know*
you will be an asset to this SIG.

I *do* think that Fedora can be a real showpiece for Xfce (just like
it is for GNOME). It's very, *very* close right now.

--
-jayson