firefox-problems

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 12:37:17 UTC 2012

Hi Dick,

On Sun, 04 Mar 2012 13:29:03 +0100
dick kampman wrote:

> dear list,
>
> I am an longterm linux-user, since 1995. I have used much different
> distros.
>
> I have installed xfce-fedora on two laptops (Toshiba Satellite; Acer
> Travelmate 5720).
>
> The reason for choosing XFCE is that Gnome3 and Unity do not give me
> satisfactory possibilities in working with Linux.
>
> Now, I have a problem with using sound under firefox. The
> TOSHIBA-xfce-fedora version did not give troubles with sound under
> YOUTUBE. There are two plugins: IcedTea... and Shockware Flash...
>
> Helas, with the installation under ACER however, only the
> IcedTea-Plugin is installed. I cannot understand the difference for
> the 2 laptops.

It's not a sound problem at all, you just don't have flash installed.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Flash

> Is a member of this list capable to explain this to me?

Anyway, if the above link does not help you (it should, however) you'd
better ask on IRC at #fedora in irc.freenode.net or at
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users mailing list
(whatever works better for you). It's probably unrelated to xfce.

Cheers,
Martin