Fedora 16 xfce4-mixer freezes for about 2 sec without pulse

Lucas macachuto at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 18:54:40 UTC 2012

Dear All.

As it stated in subject, I turned pulse off by "autospawn = no"+"daemon-binary = /bin/true" in its
client.conf.

Before xfce4-mixer always starts very quickly, but not now. It start to freeze for about 2 sec.
I used strace and got the point where it freezes:
futex(0xe46e90, FUTEX_UNLOCK_PI_PRIVATE, 0) = 0
futex(0xe47ce4, FUTEX_WAIT_REQUEUE_PI_PRIVATE, 1, NULL, 0xe46e90    <---- here

Does anyone else noticed something similar ?

I have the same pulse config in Xubuntu 12.04, and xfce4-mixer starts also very quickly there.

Thanks.