oversize on f18 again. ;)

Johannes Lips johannes.lips at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 12:24:53 UTC 2012

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Christoph Wickert <
christoph.wickert at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am Sonntag, den 11.11.2012, 11:41 -0700 schrieb Charlie Kravetz:
> > On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 19:03:27 +0100
> > Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Right, and installing one's favorite browser is way more intuitive than
> > > installing icedtea-web.
> >
> > I am sorry. I thought someone was asking for suggestions. I did not
> > realize you already decided what to cut.
>
> No need to be sorry, we didn't make a decision yet. It's not on me to
> decide anyways, it's on all of us. :)
>
> I just wanted to point out that we both agree that installing a browser
> is easier than to figure out how to get Java working.
>
> Kind regards,
> Christoph

Hi all,

I think we should get rid of the browser which needs most space. If the
removal of firefox does give us more space, then I would remove it or vice
versa.
If we stick to midori, we would probably also emphasize the fact of a
lightweight spin.
Also I think it's better to remove user-space programs than some packages
like icedtea, where it's not so obvious what's missing. If firefox or
midori is missing in the menu, it's kind of obvious to solve the "problem".

Just my opinion,

Johannes