oversize on f18 again. ;)

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 11:49:26 UTC 2012

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 12:27:13 +0100
Matthias Runge wrote:
> > If there was an easy way to install them for users, sure... but that
> > needs PackageKit, which we dropped in favor of yumex.
> That's sad. Maybe we want to revert this decision? But: would that be
> a step forward? I really can't say.
Ah, yes, I would also be for keeping the packagekit related stuff in.
True, PK looks a bit strange in a xfce environment but the "install
missing codecs", "install detected printer's driver" and "click to
install" are rather useful features... I cannot say anything about the
main interface though -- I never liked yumex (but it's a couple of years
since I last tried it) and PK also never grew on me -- looks like I'm
stuck on command line yum forever, so I'm not very fit to give opinions
on gui package managers.

Martin