Is xfce4-mixer detecting the default audio card (pulseaudio) in F18?

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 21:24:09 UTC 2012

Hi Sergio,

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 18:25:44 -0200
Sergio wrote:

> Hi.
> xfce4-mixer 4.10 wasn't giving me a choice to use the 'default' card
> (pulseaudio). It used to in F17.
> I even downgraded to v. 4.8 but it just shows the alsa card.
> Of course even alsamixer shows the default pulseaudio card and
> pnmixer too.

It never had the option to use 'default' card as long as I remember.
And recently the panel applet also seem to have dropped the option to
start pavucontrol on click (or I'm blind) so I had to drop it in favour
of the ugly gnome volume applet which is currently the only option that
works without issues with external usb audio card even after suspend:
first of all the default audio card gets reset to the internal one (so
I need quick access to PA settings to change the default) after suspend
and second, xfce4-mixer applet is not able to change volume of the
external audio card after suspend.

> It still looks like there's some bug somewhere as xfce4-mixer should
> detect the default card.
More like a missing feature than bug, I think.

Martin