lightdm issue in live-cd

Sergio secipolla at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 21:04:43 UTC 2012

On 11/23/2012 04:56 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 23.11.2012, 08:32 -0200 schrieb Sergio:
>> Hello.
>> Probably because 'Live System User' has no password, lightdm is broken
>> for keyboard navigation in the live-cd.
>
> I have tested it and it doesn't really make a difference, the keyboary
> navigation is just broken. The arrow keys work, to a degree, but when
> hitting a dropdown one is stuck.
>
>> If it had a password, when choosing the user the focus would jump to the
>> password field and then one could hit enter or navigate to the other
>> buttons.
>
> I cannot confirm this form my testing.

It works fine in my installed system. When we change user the focus
automatically jumps to the password field (just like when you choose
'Other' in the live-cd).

Granted, I didn't try to navigate with the keyboard to the panel buttons
and on the confirmation dialogue for shutdown/restart etc. it doesn't work.

>>   The way it is now hitting 'enter' just expands the user options
>> and there's no way to change focus to the 'login' button.
>>
>> Anyway, this seems a limitation of the gtk greeter. Is it planned to
>> skip the DM screen altogether like in previous versions that used gdm?
>
> I don't think we should do this because then we miss the language
> selector. It's a last resort though.

Language selector? I don't remember seeing one.
But I just tried the Xfce spin, not the DVD.