Icons in Xfce Menu

Raphael Groner raphgro at web.de
Sat Oct 6 13:58:52 UTC 2012

Hi Kevin,

how many applications are listed in the menu of the Live CD? I doubt
that those few icons would make any significant difference to cache
issues. Users can always disable the icons in their installed systems.
I am afraid that new users won't get noticed that there can be those
icons visible in the menu, they would have to examine some FAQ or look
into all the settings.

Further, there will be no sense for icons theming any more for the Live
CD, is it? How much space can be saved then in the LiveCD image (ISO)?
I expect again a flamewar about default themes and so on …

Please keep unneeded support effort as less as possible with the
existing good experience of Xfce for especially new users. :)

And: Fedora → Features etc.

A minimalist should not use Fedora.

Just my 5ct.

–Raphael