saving space on the Xfce Spin

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 15:34:27 UTC 2012

On 7 October 2012 09:05, Charlie Kravetz <cjk at teamcharliesangels.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 15:51:57 +0100
> Frank Murphy <frankly3d at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 07/10/12 15:44, Charlie Kravetz wrote:
>> >
>> > For those who can not use a hardware keyboard,
>>
>> Examples Please.
>>

> Stephen Hawkins

Before we go much further in the examples of the ultimate.. let us
ground ourselves in what the xfce spin is for. It is not meant to be a
100% solution for 100% of the audience. It is meant to be a 60%-80%
solution for enough of the audience that they have an idea of what it
is possible for and then can expand from there. That doesn't mean that
an on-screen keyboard etc isn't something we should shoot for in
that.. but that it is neither here nor there.

And as much as I like Stephen Hawkings... he won't be using an
onscreen keyboard due to the fact that his Cerebal Palsy has gotten to
the point where it is a custom hardware device that does his
communicating for him

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
"Don't derail a useful feature for the 99% because you're not in it."