Adwaita Theme

Marcus Moeller mail at marcusmoeller.ch
Mon Oct 8 08:22:48 UTC 2012

Hi all.

I just want to bring up the topic of the Adwaita Theme again. Sadly the theme has some major usability issues (e.g. menu items do not have borders / some Xfce preferences like disable frame around clock/systray could not be set).

I have created several BZs on that, and a bunch of bugs has already created by others:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?component=gnome-themes-standard&product=Fedora&list_id=644458

Most of the bugs have also been reported upstream. Sadly the author/maintainer of the theme (Cosimo Cecchi) does not seem to take care about the complaints.

So I would like to ask for your ideas how to improve either the communication, so the theme bugs could be fixed, or the user experience in Xfce/LXDE maybe by changing the default theme. Martin already has suggested the usage of Clearlooks-phenix but sadly this theme also has some bugs (http://jpfleury.indefero.net/p/clearlooks-phenix/issues/). Zukitwo is a good looking option but the GTK3 version is no longer rendered correctly with gtk 3.6. Several bugs have been reported by me to the original authors of these themes, but have not yet been fixed.

Greets
Marcus