Lighdm input area

Sergio secipolla at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 19:14:42 UTC 2012

On 09/17/2012 02:43 PM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 17/09/12 18:37, Sergio wrote:
>>
>> Then it looks to me (casual user) that it's display-manager.service that
>> triggers X to start.
>
> I would guess so as it's an alias for lightdm.service
>
>> I have no idea right now what could be done.
>> But this looks like a more serious bug with X itself (or something
>> else), doesn't it?
>> Have you opened a bug report for it?
>
> Not yet, as am waiting to see if it's just fallout from the removal of
> system-setup-keyboard from F18\Rawhide

That looks pretty obvious to me. After all, that's how the X keyboard is
set in F17.
And as I posted before (in the test list IIRC), the live-cd had this
issue too of me not being able to setup the keyboard from Xfce but
having to resort to setxkbmap.

So I would find out what's supposed to setup the keyboard in F18 and
file a bug right away (you know that while GNOME is fortunately losing
its control of Fedora, still people overlook the other DEs).