Request for review: new desktop groups - XFCE

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 12:47:34 UTC 2012

Am Sonntag, den 19.08.2012, 13:19 +0200 schrieb Zoltan Hoppar:
> Hi,
>
> It's me again - few app is missing from the list:
>
> - Clipboard manager:
> gClipit - Parcellite fork - http://sourceforge.net/projects/gtkclipit/
> Anamnesis - stores clipboard history too - http://anamnesis.sourceforge.net/

There already is the xfce4-clipman-plugin which is both a standalone app
and a panel plugin.

> - PDF viewer
> llpp — A very fast PDF reader based off of MuPDF, that supports
> continuous page scrolling, bookmarking, and text search through the
> whole document  -  http://repo.or.cz/w/llpp.git

It uses motif and is ugly as hell. We already have epdfview which uses
poppler and gtk, so it fits nicely into Xfce without any
GNOME-dependencies.

> qpdfview — A tabbed PDF viewer using the Poppler and QT libraries

No Qt please!

> - Personal search:
> Pinot - http://code.google.com/p/pinot-search/

pino has a service that is running in the background and indexes your
documents. I hate this! It means wasting resources (especially on
laptops) and will potentially cause problems with removable storage.

> - Simple log watcher:
> Swatch - http://sourceforge.net/projects/swatch/

Seems to be dead, last release was 2008.

Not sure we need a log viewer. Didn't Fedora have one? IIRC it as part
of the system-config tools and GTK only. Does anybody recall it's name?

Best regards,
Christoph