Brightness control?

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Sun Dec 8 17:01:31 UTC 2013

	I put a launcher (whose "about" link calls it "xfce4-brightness-
plugin 1.2.0," and points to http://goodies.xfce.org) onto a Fedora.xfce
panel.

	The image looks like the helm pf a ship, with a large red circle
in the middle, containing a white exclamation point. Sure enough,
hovering the mouse cursor over it gets a message saying "No device
found", and left-clicking it does nothing. Right-clicking gets a grey box
with the top line (saying "Brightness plugin") grayed out.

	Is there in fact a brightness control in Fedora xfce? How do you
invoke it?

Remember I have precious (very precious!) little idea where up is.