Epiphany dying on launch

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Sun Dec 8 19:41:36 UTC 2013

On Sun, 08 Dec 2013 09:21:37 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Dec 2013 16:15:54 +0000 (UTC)
> Beartooth <beartooth at comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> 	Running Fedora 18 with xfce4, clicking on "web" often starts
>> a launch which then dies, without ever getting to a site.
>>
>> 	The link for "web" leads to the Epiphany site; I have no clue
>> why Fedora doesn't call it by its name.
>>
>> 	What could be causing these failures?? And what can I do
>> about it?
>
> Well, if you installed via the  or yum groupinstall the web
> browser should point to 'midori'.

	Xfce spin maybe; I don't recall. Not yum groupinstall, anyway.
But it has been a long fight (see elsewhere on this list) between Firefox
(which I kept getting) and Dillo (which I wanted).

> Try running it from a terminal? Is there any error output?

btth at Hbsk3 ~]$ web &
[1] 25522
[btth at Hbsk3 ~]$ bash: web: command not found
^C
[1]+  Exit 127                web
[btth at Hbsk3 ~]$ epiphany &
[1] 25531
[btth at Hbsk3 ~]$ ** Message: console message: http://goodies.xfce.org/lib/
exe/js.php?tseed=1371413028 @24: ReferenceError: Can't find variable:
addInitEvent

^C
[btth at Hbsk3 ~]$

	None of that tells me anything; I hope it does you.

Remember I have precious (very precious!) little idea where up is.