Thunar in Fedora 18 and Fedora Rawhide.

David dgboles at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 05:03:18 UTC 2013

On 2/2/2013 10:45 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 16:30:23 -0500
> David <dgboles at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Same way on both installs.
>>

>> as user (me)
>>
>> su -  <enter>
>>
>> Password: ********  <enter>
>>
>> root
>>
>> thunar&   or plain   thunar  <enter>
>>
>> The Rawhide is a Fedora 16 that I changed to Rawhide that would have
>> been Fedora 17 to a Rawhide that would have been Fedora 18 to the
>> Rawhide that will be Fedora 19.
>>

>> Perhaps I need a fresh install?
>
> I can't think of what would break this off hand.
>
> It works fine here on my rawhide machine (installed as f18 and upgraded
> to rawhide)
>
> kevin

Thanks Kevin. I have yet to resolve this Thunar problem. And it appears
that I will not. A fresh install of a Rawhide Kfce nightly snapshot does
not appear to like my Nvidia card. I get the 'black screen of death'.
And an update from a working just fine Fedora 18 Xfce to Rawhide also
gives me that same 'black screen of death' so I don't know if the
problems still exists for since I can only see the black screen.  :-)

Which makes me curious if a 'real' release update from Fedora 18 to
Fedora 19 when it is released will fail also.

Something to ponder.

--

  David