4.10 for SL?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sat Jun 1 15:43:35 UTC 2013

On Fri, 31 May 2013 19:45:46 -0700
Todd And Margo Chester <toddandmargo at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 05/29/2013 11:44 PM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> > On Wed, 29 May 2013 18:24:13 -0700
> > Todd And Margo Chester <toddandmargo at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >>      Will we ever see Xfce 4.10 support for Scientific Linux 6.4?
> >>
> >> Many thanks,
> >> -T
> >
> > May be better for the epel folks?
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL
>
> Still on 4.8.  :'(

Sorry, I had your mail marked to reply to, but just didn't get to it
yet.

It's very very unlikely EPEL6 will go to 4.10. EPEL very much frowns on
updates that change the user experence or are disruptive. Also, there
are some changes that need newer versions of packages that may or may
not be available in EPEL6. A side repo could be done, but I just haven't
had time, others should feel free to do so. ;)

EPEL7 will likely start out with Xfce 4.10

> I am probably just missing it, but how do I talk to these
> guys?

Well epel-devel list, but I'd just say the same thing there. ;)

kevin