LightDM-gtk new background issues

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 15:00:52 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I've been packaging the new backgrounds again and ran into an issue with
LightDM. When I generate the usual PNG that is used by lightdm gtk greeter
(/usr/share/backgrounds/default.png) and install it, everywhere (xfce and
lxde) it works, only lightdm-gtk does show black background instead. I haven't
got a single idea what's different between the spherical cow PNG and the new
one :( While playing around with lightdm settings I noticed that if it fails
to locate set background image, it shows red. For the new image it shows
black background, both for png or jpg. I'm at the loss at my wits.

Relevant packages (desktop-backgrounds-compat):
$ rpm -qa lightdm\*
lightdm-gobject-1.4.0-5.fc18.i686
lightdm-1.4.0-5.fc18.i686
lightdm-gtk-1.3.1-3.fc18.i686

Note that I've tested it on Fedora 18 (local build from the same sources as
in koji).

Regards,
Martin