sensors plugin needs perl? (was: spins size changes)

Raphael Groner raphgro at web.de
Sat May 11 14:07:39 UTC 2013

> Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 21:24:46 -0600
> From: Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com>
> To: xfce at lists.fedoraproject.org
> Subject: spins size changes
>
> Greetings.
>
> We are coming up on Beta and thats when we start wanting to make sure
> we hit our size target (700MB cd).
>
> Beta-TC4 Xfce is at 756M
>
> The issues around perl have been cleaned up, so removing perl only
> removes the xfce4-sensors-plugin (and all the perl modules).

Hi Kevin,

why did the sensors plugin need perl? Maybe the reason is already
explained in an old mail here on the list or another one - I do not
remember, sorry.

The sensors plugin should IMHO be included in the live image, it's one
of the best plugins available for Xfce to do the show case.

Greetings,
Raphael