java

Raphael Groner raphgro at web.de
Sun May 12 15:28:55 UTC 2013

> If I remember correctly the last time we discussed this the reason
> for leaving Java, was that it's often not really obvious what's
> missing, when something fails. So I think back then we opted for
> leaving Java on the spin and removed some application packages.
> I would perhaps rather go for a totally different target size.
>
> Johannes

IMHO, we should work on the user experience, and not focus mainly on the
(technical) image size. As said, in case of missing java, there should
be a good user help with how to install java afterwards, if it's
*really* needed. I don't see any reason so far why it's needed for any
standard application??

And well, why keep java and remove firefox? I don't understand...

-R.