spins size changes

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sun May 12 21:00:22 UTC 2013

On Sun, 12 May 2013 19:38:26 +0200
Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Wow. I just did one without @firefox and it's 636MB, so you are
> > right, it does save quite a lot of room.
>
> Can you cross-check without midori and lifearea? This should get us
> rid of webkitgtk and we then can decide which browser to take.

Sure. With removing lifrea/midori/webkitgtk we get: 697MB (so, just
barely under size).

And for good measure, one with midori and firefox both kept, but java
removed is: 711MB. So, it doesn't get us enough space by itself.

My take:

If we remove firefox some people will be upset their default/normal
browser isn't there. However, midori is the Xfce browser, and making it
the only one would mean more people would try it out and possibly start
using it more.

kevin