spins size changes

nomnex nomnex at gmail.com
Tue May 21 02:04:09 UTC 2013

> On Mon, 20 May 2013 23:59:21 +0200
> Zoltan Hoppar <hopparz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> For other apps: I tried to gather and suggest small, but nice
> solutions, as we have low amount of space on disc - yet would be
> great to have more complete desktop. Sadly read, that many apps has
> dead upstream, and some has no reason to keep it.
> I have to agree about the evince-gtk. Yet, I think we need the gnome
> font viewer, I had really missed it, and after my knowledge there is
> no other tiny app where you can handle and install fonts too through
> gui. But these are just my suggestions, and impressions about what
> should we include.
>
>  And yes - it would be nice to hear other guys opinions either. Thx
> Christoph, and Kevin.

There is nothing personal Zoltanh, but as Christoph as commented, I
would rather use a XFCE Spin with a minimum set of "user applications".

mpaint, gnote, turpial, easyteag, Fpm2, etc. this is all unnecessary
clutter in my opinion.

a terminal, a mail client, an audio player, a video players, a web
browser, a PDF reader, etc. those are the basics anyone expect to see,
after a fresh install.

The "complete desktop experience" in a lightweight DE Spin, should be
limited to the basics in my opinion.

Note: I could not come up with a better term than "user applications".

--
nomnex <nomnex at gmail.com>
Freenode: nomnex