compiling thunar-volman on Fedora 18

Peter F. Patel-Schneider Peter.Patel-Schneider at nuance.com
Fri Nov 15 17:57:16 UTC 2013

I'm trying to compile thunar-volman on Fedora 18, and after some difficulties,
I'm still stuck on

checking for gudev-1.0 >= 145... not found
*** The required package gudev-1.0 was not found on your system.
*** Please install gudev-1.0 (atleast version 145) or adjust
*** the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
*** installed the package in a nonstandard prefix so that
*** pkg-config is able to find it.

I have /usr/lib/libgudev-1.0.so.0.1.3 on the system, so the development
package should be available somewhere, but I can't figure out how to get the
correct .h file installed on my system.

Any help would be appreciated.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider