How to fix missing scroll arrows on FC19, Firefox, and Xfce

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 19:26:43 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 09:52:12 -0700
ToddAndMargo wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I use the FC19 Xfce Live CD to install FC19 on my
> clients computers.  It works very well.
>
> Problem.  The default "Adwaita" style does not have
> scroll arrows.  This especially shows up on Firefox.
> I had to make a return trip to a customer's site
> yesterday to fix this.

I don't want to rant much but IMHO this a prime example of many of the bad
design decisions made by gnome3/gtk3 people. Sadly, in xfce spin there are
some apps that use gtk3 and I'm not aware of any good alternative to
adwaita that would have both gtk2 *and* gtk3 variant (actually I still have
to see a really good gtk3 theme). If you know of any, please let me know, I
would be more than eager to package it, as long as I like it and it is good
enough to be considered for default (i.e. fit for long usage, non-obtrusive,
not too "over-designed", I myself couldn't ever use for longer periods of
time anything else than clearlooks or nodoka).

Martin