Need calendar and address book recommendations

Steven Rosenberg stevenhrosenberg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 23:33:27 UTC 2014

There is supposed to be better/different calendar integration with the
Clock in Xfce 4.12
(http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTM5OTA). I have
no information on when 4.12 is going to be released other than
articles that said it was supposed to be last year.

Orage is the stock calendar app in Xfce. I use the calendar itself but
don't have much experience adding actual events. For that sort of
thing I usually just use Google Calendar. But Orage looks super fast,
and that's something to recommend.

Xfce doesn't seem to have a default mail client from which to draw an
address book. I have been using Thunderbird as a mail client lately
after a long layoff, but I probably do most of my mail in Gmail, and
that's where my stored addresses live.

You might want to look at the Osmo personal organizer
(http://clayo.org/osmo/), which is packaged for Fedora. That looks to
fit your needs pretty well.
--
Steven Rosenberg