Pager?? Workspace switcher??

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Sun Feb 9 20:40:26 UTC 2014

	One of the two or three apps I use most of all, and am lost
without, is what Gnome2 called a workspace-switcher. Some desktops,
including what seems to be xfce4, call it a "pager"; but I can't seem to
add it again. I need to add 18 of it.)

	Eighteen together show an array of what might almost be check-
boxes in a panel, each with a number. Until you do something, a click in
any box gives you a fresh clean desktop. You launch (say) Firefox in
(say) box 2; gnome-terminal in box 1; Konqueror in box 10; Opera in box
11; a GUI of your home folder in box 8; Pan in box 9; etc.

	From then on, across logouts and reboots, either by shutdowns
with apps still open, or by remembering and relaunching, you can reach a
point, quickly and easily, where your fingers and eyeballs know, without
conscious thought to distract you, what to do to set up whatever you want
to do next.

	I managed to get (what I think is) xfce4 desktop set up with this
invaluable app -- but it showed on two panels, and I wanted that part of
one of them back to do something else with.

	I couldn't find anything in Mageia's settings to let me delete
that app from one panel. So I went at it, removing one desktop (id est
one of those little checkboxes) at a time, till the top panel was free.
THEN I noticed that I had also been removing them from the bottom panel!

	How do I get them back??

	If I click "add widgets" and start typing into the search box, it
shows me an icon (just like the one for clearing the desktop) -- but I
can't get it to let me add seventeen more of them. In fact, I can't even
find a way to add one.

	All this is easy in Fedora-xfce4, and I can't imagine why not
also in Mageia. (I am also asking on the list for it.)

Remember I have precious (very precious!) little idea where up is.