display question

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Wed Mar 5 20:57:06 UTC 2014

On Tue, 04 Mar 2014 19:02:32 +0000, Frank Murphy wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Mar 2014 21:02:13 +0000 (UTC)
> Beartooth <beartooth at comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> 	How do I tell fedora-xfce, once and for all, to display *all*
>> the subfolders, *including* the "hidden" dot-folders, every single last
>> time I open *any* folder, now and forever, world without end?
>>
>> 	I'm in the midst of a dismal clean-up operation, and I'm
>> going nuts, having to re-set that setting all the time.
>>

> Try:
> ~/thunarrc LastShowHidden=TRUE

	Not being quite sure of the ~ notation, I've been searching
everywhere and with every search tool I can find -- and I haven't managed
to come upon any thunarrc anywhere. (I'm not sure, btw, whether xfce is
running thunar or something else.) I found in several (apparently
different) places files called thunar-settings or the like; but I didn't
find anything about dot- or hidden files there.

Remember I have precious (very precious!) little idea where up is.